for all This ring features Thor's Hammer in a knotwork design continued in Oseberg Knotwork which goes part way down the band. It is made from Bronze and plated in fine Italian Silver.
The Thor's Hammer (Mjölnir in Norse mythology) ring is a powerful talisman, that provides energy to the wearer, gives strength and courage.
The story of The Hammer comes from Scandinavian mythology, where Thor, the Mighty God of Thunder is the eldest son of Odin and the Goddess of the earth Jörð, was the defender of people and gods from evil monsters and giants. About 50 specimens of Mjölnir amulets have been found widely dispersed throughout Scandinavia, dating from the 9th to 11th centuries.
This ring is also available in Bronze for £52.95 or Sterling Silver for £156.95. Please get in touch for a custom order in either of those materials. Sterling Silver takes 3 to 7 weeks to dispatch.
If not know, to determine your ring size, do the following:
- Use a piece of string or dental floss and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string where the end meets.
- Use a millimetre ruler to measure the string.
- Choose the closest measurement to the chart above to find your ring size.
Tips for best results:
- Allow enough room to accommodate your knuckle.
- Bear in mind, different fingers on the same and the opposite hand may have different sizes. Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day when your finger is likely to be largest.