The Urnes style dates from 1050 to the 12th century and gets its name from a stave church in Urnes, Norway. Carved wooden panels reveal sinuous animals interlacing and looping, with long eyes pointed forward
The Helm of Awe is a powerful protective symbol used by the Vikings for the purpose of protection from illness, and disease. In Norse mythology it is said that it is a symbol that was worn between the eyes that induces fear in your enemies, and to protect against the abuse of power.
The ring features the Helm of Awe symbol at the front with an Urnes design on the sides. It is hand made to order out of 925 Sterling Silver and comes Hallmarked.
This ring is hand cast in 925 Sterling Silver made especially for you, to fit your size. We can do custom orders for 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 in US sizing. Please leave a message in Special Instructions for custom sizing or send us an e-mail after purchase asap. Rings over size US 15 can be made but have a £40 surcharge
Takes 4 to 7 weeks for dispatch. Includes free next day delivery once dispatched.
To determine your ring size, do the following:
- Use a piece of string or dental floss and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string where the end meets.
- Use a millimeter ruler to measure the string.
- Choose the closest measurement to the chart above to find your ring size.
Tips for best results:
- Allow enough room to accommodate your knuckle.
- Bear in mind, different fingers on the same and the opposite hand may have different sizes. Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day when your finger is likely to be largest.
Custom size orders are not eligible for returns or exchanges if you make a mistake so be sure to measure your finger carefully or have it sized at a jeweller before placing an order so you can order the correct size.