This ring features the Valknut symbol prominently at the front and an Urnes style design on each side. Hand made using traditional methods using 18K Gold, this ring is also available in 18K white gold.
The Valknut is a mysterious symbol consisting of three interlocked triangles, and is thought to be strongly tied to Odin. The name comes from Old Norse for "Knot" and "Slain Warrior", loosely meaning the "knot of those fallen in battle". It is thought that the Valknut was displayed at the burial sights of those who dies in battle as a sign that they were to be taken to Valhalla.
The Urnes style dates from 1050 to the 12th century and gets its name from a stave church in Urnes, Norway. Carved wooden panels reveal sinuous animals interlacing and looping, with long eyes pointed forward
This ring is hand cast in 18K Gold made especially for you, to fit your size. Custom size as 1/4 ,1/2, 3/4 can also be made. Please contact us after purchase of leave a message in the Special Instructions Section before checkout. Sizes over US 15 incur an extra charge. Also available in 18K White gold. If you'd like it in 18K white gold, just leave a message in the Special Instructions box.
Weight 19-21g depending on ring size. Arrives Hallmarked.
To determine your ring size, either visit a local jeweler or do the following:
- Use a piece of string or dental floss and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string where the end meets.
- Use a millimeter ruler to measure the string.
- Choose the closest measurement to the chart above to find your ring size.
Tips for best results:
- Allow enough room to accommodate your knuckle.
- Bear in mind, different fingers on the same and the opposite hand may have different sizes. Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day when your finger is likely to be largest.