This ring features the Helm of Awe symbol prominently at the front with two raven designs on each side going part way down the band representing Huginn and Munnin. It is made from Bronze and plated in fine Italian Silver.
The Helm of Awe is a powerful protective symbol used by the Vikings for the purpose of protection from illness, and disease. In Norse mythology it is said that it is a symbol that was worn between the eyes that induces fear in your enemies, and to protect against the abuse of power.
The two ravens represent Odin's companions named Huginn and Muninn ("thought" and "memory" respectively) who flew around the world bringing back tidings to their master. Therefore, one of Odin's many names was the "raven god" (Hrafnaguð).
This ring is also available in Bronze for £52.95 or Sterling Silver for £156.95. Please get in touch for a custom order in either of those materials. Sterling Silver takes 3 to 7 weeks to dispatch.
If not know, to determine your ring size, do the following:
- Use a piece of string or dental floss and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string where the end meets.
- Use a millimetre ruler to measure the string.
- Choose the closest measurement to the chart above to find your ring size.
Tips for best results:
- Allow enough room to accommodate your knuckle.
- Bear in mind, different fingers on the same and the opposite hand may have different sizes. Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day when your finger is likely to be largest.