This 925 Sterling Silver Ring features the Valknut symbol prominently at the front and reproductions of a dragon in the Jelling style on each side of the band.
The Valknut is a mysterious symbol consisting of three interlocked triangles, and is thought to be strongly tied to Odin. The name comes from Old Norse for "Knot" and "Slain Warrior", loosely meaning the "knot of those fallen in battle". It is thought that the Valknut was displayed at the burial sights of those who dies in battle as a sign that they were to be taken to Valhalla.
The Jelling style appears from the start of the 10th century and continues for about 75 years. Stylistic animals are S-shaped and intertwined, with profiled heads, spiral hips and pigtails. Borre and Jelling overlap and occasionally both are used on the same object.
This ring is hand cast in 925 Sterling Silver made especially for you, to fit your size. We can do custom orders for 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 in Us sizing. Please leave a message in Special Instructions for custom sizing. Rings over size US 15 can be made but have a £40 surcharge
Takes 4 to 7 weeks to be made and dispatched.
If you don't know your ring size, to determine it, do the following:
- Use a piece of string or dental floss and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string where the end meets.
- Use a millimeter ruler to measure the string.
- Choose the closest measurement to the chart above to find your ring size.
Tips for best results:
- Allow enough room to accommodate your knuckle.
- Bear in mind, different fingers on the same and the opposite hand may have different sizes. Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day when your finger is likely to be largest.