The Eldar Futhark runes are a set of 24 characters that were predominantly used between 100 and 800 AD, by the Norse Viking as well as other Germanic people. Runes were carved into various materials including stone, bone, wood and metal.
The Vegvisir (Icelandic Vegvísir, “That Which Shows the Way;” pronounced “VEGG-vee-seer”) is a symbol found only in one modern Icelandic collection of spells, the so-called Huld manuscript. That book has nothing more than this one sentence to say about it: “If this sign is carried, one will never lose one’s way in storms or bad weather, even when the way is not known.”
This ring has a Vegvisir on the centre and has runes that decrease in size as the go around the band away from the symbol.
The ring is hand made to order out of 925 Sterling Silver and comes Hallmarked.
Dispatch estimate 1-2 working days
To determine your ring size, do the following:
- Use a piece of string or dental floss and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string where the end meets.
- Use a millimeter ruler to measure the string.
- Choose the closest measurement to the chart above to find your ring size.
Tips for best results:
- Allow enough room to accommodate your knuckle.
- Bear in mind, different fingers on the same and the opposite hand may have different sizes. Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day when your finger is likely to be largest.
Custom size orders are not eligible for returns or exchanges if you make a mistake so be sure to measure your finger carefully or have it sized at a jeweller before placing an order so you can order the correct size.